The term wellness is more than just being healthy, and being on a diet. I think it is very important to understand your wellness connection. That’s the reason I’m writing this post to share some important key factors you must understand to know what wellness means!
Wellness isn’t just about being healthy and fit. Wellness isn’t just about looking and feeling beautiful. Wellness isn’t also just about meditation and finding your Zen. Wellness isn’t also about keeping your mental health in check. Wellness is an amalgamation of all these essential healthy habits that affects our physical, mental, and emotional health.
When we understand that our focal point of stimulation is only about, finding the balance between how we feel outside that aligns with how we feel inside, that’s when we get to understand the significance of wellness. It is a state of being healthy in body, mind, and soul. That is why it is important to understand how it is linked to our body, mind, and soul.
Wellness means various things to different people.
Your quality of life determines your wellness status. So come along with me to find out more about what is wellness and why it is important?
Your wellness routine must follow a daily healthy habit pattern that includes, your self-care activities, feeling good and looking good essentials, daily meal plan, exercise, meditation, and workout routine, and a solid uninterrupted night’s sleep. A perfect wellness plan can give you support on your challenging tough days of life, and will keep you focused and nourished during your best happy days, so that you can perform your best.
So here’s a quick checklist to understand and create your personalized wellness routine.
Your Typical Morning Wellness Habits Can Include-
- A quick run or walk, or yoga/stretches
- Sitting down to meditate or do some breathing exercises.
- Reflecting on your day’s plan either by journaling, or writing down in notes somewhere. This will help you to get little more productive and organized throughout the day. Please remember to tweak your activities as an when changes shows up!
- Treating yourself with your favorite herbal tea or any kind of tea and coffee you enjoy drinking.
- Take a shower in the morning to feel fresh and active all day long.
- Put on your favorite comfy outfit-of-the-day, your favorite jewelry/accessory, your favorite perfume, and voila you’re ready to take on the day-your way!
- Don’t forget to eat a healthy [favorite and yummy] breakfast.
- Before you jump into your work, make sure to read or watch a quick motivational post to start your day with lots of positive energy and determination.
- Don’t forget to take quick breaks in between work, to do a quick stretch, walk, and to fill your bottle with fresh cold water 🙂
- Stay hydrated.
- Often take sips of lemon detox water to flush out toxins from your body, and to cleanse your liver.
Your Typical Afternoon Wellness Habits Can Include-
Your target must be to keep your mind and body nourished and active throughout the day, and to avoid overthinking, feeling stressed, or to sink into any negative feelings, even though it’s inevitable. So start following these simple tips and combat your sluggishness.
- Eat a healthy afternoon meal. Never skip your lunch.
- If you’re feeling too tired, try to take a quick nap [as we re all working from home now, so it seems possible, and if not, try to rest for a while simply by putting your head down on your desk at work].
- If reading is your therapy, try to read few pages from your current book, before you start working again! I’m always so filled with renewed energy, new ideas, and focus after reading.
- Keep a check on your mid-afternoon energy levels, that usually tend to drop when the clock hits 3:00 pm. Keep yourself adequately hydrated, take a quick walk, or if possible some dancing moves or jumping jacks. This helps me from not feeling slumpy and fatigue during these early evening hours.
- Try to quickly wrap up your work and make time for your evening routine, before you start preparing your dinner.
- If you’re self employed and or in a creative field, often take screen breaks. It is so tempting to keep going and complete lots of work in a day, but try to follow disciplined rules, and create limits, and balance your personal and professional life. Do not reply back to emails after work hours and on weekends. That must be your self-care time or family time.
Your Typical End-of-the-Day Wellness Habits Can Include-
To plan your wind-down routine, remember to give all your focus to your body, mind, as well as soul; that means, pay close attention to how you are feeling after a long and busy day.
- Start by planning for a warm oil massage, or cream massage, on your body, and feet. Also a warm oil head massage can help you ease your work and all other stresses.
- I like planning my outfits and shoes for the next day.
- Since I am in a creative field, I work in flexible hours. Therefore I also sit down to write my to-do-list for the next day. This way I don’t forget what all I need to do next.
- Find time to do things that make you calm, light-hearted, and happy. I try planning for my videos, and or doing art. I love doodling at the end of the day.
- Practice gratitude by reflecting on the best things that happened today. This way, I feel more content and calm. Try instilling this habit in your kids too!
- Create little extra time to sit down and unwind [either by watching TV, by reading, talking to your husband and kids, or by reading a story to your children etc.] after dinner and before hitting the bed for a good night Zzzzz’s.
I hope you find these wellness tips helpful, especially if you’re in a process of making better choices towards a healthy and fulfilling life. Please drop me your thoughts in the comments below. And if you have any other ideas that I missed sharing in this post, please feel free to share with us.
Full disclosure: Links on this page may be affiliate links which means that if you decide to buy, I will earn a commission.
2 thoughts on “What is Wellness and Why Is It Even Important?”
Yes I completely agree and I find these tips super helpful!
I’d also recommend exercise as going for a run, have a walk outside or just an indoor workout from a youtube channel always helps me.
Ana C, http://www.adreamersland.com
I do agree. Great tips for starting our day and achieving wellness in our lives.