If fashion is the voice we use to express ourselves, then we must do fashion for the person we are rather than following the conventional way of following the crowd?
Do you think your fashion reflects your personality?Tweet
Every fashion favorites comes with stories that adds a flavor to their unique taste. Don’t you love the idea of conveying a little bit of your fashion history through clothing? Then it’s time to get creative in your fashion sense too! It is so boring to always follow the “crowd,” and to wear what others wear!
Ever since I learned about my body; and the way I can dress up to flaunt my best self in public, I woke up to this realization that fashion shouldn’t be limited to rules. We must know how to break the rules only to create something new and something unique as per our body needs!
My fashion requires effort, and I do not belong to the category, “one-size-fits-all!” Unfortunately God hasn’t gifted me with a perfect body, and I lost it all after my second pregnancy. But I’ve seen moms struggling to bounce back to their pre motherhood body. Oh! boy, it’s not easy, especially if you’ve diastasis recti like me! I didn’t want to feel like a non-fashionista just because I carry a big tummy around until today. And I finally decided to create my ‘signature fashion’, that can inspire other moms too- who are struggling to fit it into their pre-pregnancy bodies!
Fashion has nothing to do with what you wear, but it’s more about how you wear it! The way you carry yourself with grace and confidence, is what fashion stands for me! Until today, I haven’t worn many kinds of clothing like; any sleeveless tops or, mini skirts, or deep v neck tops/dresses; but everything I have donned, kind of inspires many around me! I’ve also seen then secretly following my style and buying the clothes I like or I wear. And I’m very happy to learn that many like my fashion sense! But I was always criticized by many for not-wearing-dresses-like-them. The “crowd” believed that you’re not-smart and not up to their standard if you’re different!
And this is the reason I decided to stand out rather than forcing myself to fit in those people’s groups.
The secret to standing out in a crowd is to- learn about your strengths!Learn Your Body. Learn Your Strengths. ~The Positive Window
To pick your clothes, your style, or your fashion that can reflect you in person; you must first discover your strong unique features- that you would like to flaunt! I’m going to share below some of my simple ideas on how to flaunt your unique features and create your signature styles.
- Keep your style demure and classy, don’t overdo it. Bringing a grace to your style and keeping it classy is always a hit. Learn to flaunt those special characteristics and strengths to draw the attention away from your flaws [if you really think there’s any?]
- Try different combination of outfits and keep a record of the best looks for the days you feel demotivated and or blue. These styles [or clothing pairs] that you’ve already tried on can save your day through quick and effortless fashion picks!
- Try unique, flattering, “different” styles that can accentuate your personality. Try all the styles that can flatter your body, and then create your online look-book or folder to save all your favorite looks for future reference. I usually do this with my different colored pants and long tunic dresses.
- Try having different colors of clothing in your wardrobe. I remember when I was more comfortable just choosing white, gray, black, or just very light-colored clothes. But now I choose all types of colors- light or bright; I mostly wear black, brown, blue, gray, green, purple, turquoise, red, yellow, white, pink, orange these days.
- Mix-and-match-clothing outfits to create a unique stylish ensemble. Create cool or classy outfits by teaming two different styles and patterns.
Fashion is an interpretation of our voice. And through our appearance and style, we convey so many messages out to the world. Therefore, we must choose wisely. Rather than “copying” what others wear, we must not blend in to their voice, rather Be our own Voice! Become your own style icon. Find your own personal style and be the change, be different but stand out! It is not that hard to cultivate your personal style; a little more open about accepting our flaws while working with our strengths can ease our everyday struggles and challenges with looking our best and stylish- no matter where and how we are!
I hope you find your ‘fashion voice‘ and channelize it towards building a brand new wardrobe for yourself whilst creating a fashion signature statement that can reflect your personality!
2 thoughts on “How To Adopt Fashion According To Your Personality”
I totally agree to your thoughts, dear Epsita! For me fashion is the possibility to show the world around me how I feel and I love it to be creative in this context. Without fashion I think my life would be less colourful, I love wearing colourful clothes and I feel the vibes of each colour when wearing it. Hope you are well and happy, dear Epsita, you deserve this so much!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
You’re right, fashion is a combination of how we feel and how we want others to see us. I don’t really understand fashion “rules”, they take away too much of our creativity and individuality.