For most of us, past is never a pleasant experience. If past has been haunting you [let go of the past]; it’s time you take care of it, and bring yourself back to the present. I will not ask you to forget your past, as it is really difficult. Perhaps you can always avoid any thoughts that most likely takes you back to your worst past life. This will help you to bring yourself back to the present and to focus on what’s happening right now, at this moment.
Living a life that you have always wanted to live- is a great way to know that, you don’t live in your past anymore; however the impact is so deep, that the damage remains visible.
If you want to heal the pain of the past, learn to compare the events from your present. Be free of the past, and you can move on and enjoy a happy and peaceful life.
I had many ugly experiences in the past and never wanted to look back or have those memories back in my life. The nagging pain of those dreadful memories kept blocking my happiness. I wasn’t being able to enjoy my present life completely, and still there was emptiness, and a huge burden of guilt and failures from the past.
Six ways to paint your past with a beautiful present:
1. Marriage You have found your love and have agreed to marry the person who loves you more and cares for your feelings. You know from your experiences that; it is important for you, your partner and specially for the kids to have a healthy marriage life. You are conscious about fights, arguments and any kind of relationship violence, that it can cause serious damage to your marriage and kids.
Marriage isn’t just about you and your partner, but also about a ‘home’ where there should be love, care, dependency, need for each other and lots of trust and respect for each family members.
2. Kids Your childhood may not have been good and beautiful, but you have painted a beautiful and love-filled life for your kids. What you couldn’t get and achieve, you will always have it available for your kids. You were silent, scared, neglected and lonely; but you are teaching your kids to be confident of their capabilities, to be brave, bold and to be open about any problems in their life.
3. Career Maybe your student life was a total failure or you never excelled academically, but you have achieved enormous experiences from past; and now you are following your dreams. You are doing what you have always wanted to do. Even today, sometimes you fail in your attempts, but you know how to work hard to achieve the rewards, because you are doing something that you always wanted to do and you love doing it!
4. Friendship You had spilled many personal secrets to your ‘close’ friends, and they never kept it a secret. You were always judged and was never understood or accepted! Now you know who your friends should be, and to whom you can reveal some personal information. At present, you have very few good friends whom you can trust and accept them in your life.
5. Social life May be you were forced to attend certain events and gatherings, that you never wanted to go. May be you had to sacrifice certain priorities to be present in such places, where you were entertaining and pleasing others- unhappily; but now you know where you should be present and where you should not! No more compromises at the cost of your family and kids. No more masking the ‘pleasing’ personality. Society is made of different kinds of people and therefore being socially responsible doesn’t always mean- listening and agreeing to others all the time. Sometimes you need to make a conscious choice.
6. Health and Peace With the simplification and understanding of life comes inner peace and harmony. You have made certain conscious decisions to stay healthy and peaceful; either by learning your character and the strengths and weaknesses. You know why and when chaos touches lives and family. You have learned the trick of -“accept and let go.” All the negatives from the past- like; something someone said and or did was always in your mind and heart, and you accepted it. The moment you accepted the fact, it started losing power and slowly all negative thoughts started flowing out from your life.
When you choose to live in the past, it not only robs you of all the true enjoyment today, but also robs your true living. Live in present and love your today, and completely soak yourself in the present moment. Live every bit of it, just like there was no yesterday and there is no tomorrow. Whatever is there- is just this day! Embrace your every day and stay optimistic. You had no control over your past, but your ‘today’ is completely yours to make it better for your tomorrow. So let go of the past and learn to live in the present!
15 thoughts on “6 Ways To Let Go Of The Past To Live In The Present”
Thank you Jackie! Always!
Amazing post. The past is always something good and bad. On the one hand we can learn out of the past, on the other hand we regret some of what we did. The worst thing for me are friends that arent able to keep a secret.
Greetings from Germany,
Martin / http://www.look-scout.de
Epsita… you think I would know who I can trust to tell secrets to … however; it isn't that easy … even when you are sure you know them.
Even after all this, I still want to believe I will know and trust someone in the near future…
This is a great list and one to really ponder.. have a lovely day 🙂
Lovely post 🙂
THE ADVENTURES OF A SHOPAHOLIC
THE ADVENTURES OF A SHOPAHOLIC ON FACEBOOK
Thank you very much Martin! Thank you for stopping by!!
I agree with you, Launna; sometimes even after knowing that we should not trust someone, we end up believing that; it's OK to trust that person again; hoping that his time he or she will not hurt, understand our feelings and will keep our secrets! Life is all about learning from experiences. We need to stop our heart from hurting us again and again by doing such mistakes. It's always wonderful to have your comments and thoughts on my page.
Thank you always!!
Thank you Marianna! Thank you for stopping by!
Thank you, Rakel. Thank you for stopping by. Will sure visit your blog too!
Lovely read 😀
Stay in touch? Life of an Earth Muffin
Thank you, Jenna <3 I'm glad you liked it. Sure! Will do
The post is just super! These are really important things
Epsita, always dropping good gems! You are right about this post. Friends who can’t keep secrets are the worst. Smh!! Thank you for this post.
This is such a great post!
Thank you for sharing these beautiful words.
It is so important for all of us to “let go of the past to live in the present”!
Minimalist Jewelry | No Piercing Ear Cuffs