I would like to start this post by asking few questions to myself. You can always ask these questions to yourself when you begin reading today’s post.
“Am I better than I was yesterday?”
“Am I doing (today) what I always wanted to do?”
“Do I ‘really’ love my life today?
“Am I making any personal and professional progress at present?”
“Am I more thankful for everything than I was yesterday?”
“Do I know what makes me happy and brings me joy quickly?”
And if the answers are “yes”, or “almost yes,” then you know that you have already started creating your desired life- and you are better than you were yesterday; or you are working towards creating your best version today.
We spend each day of our life comparing with others, and trying to be like somebody else. But have you ever imagined seeing yourself- in the “best” possible way! Have you ever wished to create the best version of you. If not, no worries; because I am going to share few of the ways I see myself now (definitely better me) than 20 yrs back. I definitely see changes (good) in me; in terms of taking complete control of my life, being determined, brave, fearless, and more realized of my strengths as well as weaknesses. Now, I’m the creator of my ‘life design.’
So definitely I’m better than the woman I was yesterday.
Each day brings me new opportunities to do the things that I love doing. The “happier side” of me also never forgets that there are some things in my life that I can never change; or will never get better. But I want to be unstoppable, fly high to reach my dream; I want to do everything I once thought I can never ever do!
“Every change starts from within. Starts with constant small reminders that may whatever come our way- we will never give up!”
Just start with a conscious “yes.” Maintain an interest in life, and stay cheerful all-the-time. Understand that whatever has to happen will always happen; but you will not stop finding reasons to stay alive and to stay hungry, to only settle for more!
So here are few of my ways that helped me to understand myself better and get better. Hope you find them useful too, and can relate to them in your life- for bringing a beautiful positive change:
1. We often hesitate, or find it not-that-important to consider our natural talents and abilities. We often ignore realizing our unique capabilities; because we are trained (from childhood) to focus only upon academic results, school/university performances, and certificates to prove that we are “best ” in so and so field. If we are judged by our degrees/qualifications, then let me tell you that I was never good in my academics, but I was good at many other things; which I couldn’t realize until I carefully listened to my inner voice. My life was calling me- to do something big, something different, something which others may not approve and or support me for! And I had to become brave enough to start my own journey of recognition.
2. I started to focus not just on my strengths; but also on my weaknesses. I am still working on changing my bad habits, and bad qualities. But recognizing and owning them gave me the freedom to be just-myself. No regrets, nothing to feel embarrassing about, but simple acknowledging the -ve me and changing few parts of me.
3. Remember and recognize your value. Understand that you are good enough than any other person you know or you meet.
4. Accept where you are. Try to make peace with where you are and what you have at present. Forget comparison, jealousy and let your decisions move you in the right direction- where you intend to go.
5. Love your past to know– your past pushed you here- to a better position in life. I can relate how hard it is to forgive (I don’t want to forget, so won’t ask you too!) everything that you lost. But this is also true that; my past failures were my driving force behind the woman I’m today.
6. Develop more kindness and free yourself by forgiving.
7. Create more choices of purpose and don’t let fear guide your choices.
These are just few suggestions that I have discovered- to make myself better. I wish to be the “best me” than I am today, and I’m constantly trying hard and working towards bringing these changes to my life. I’m not perfect, and so are you. But such small actions can make a big difference in our life; and in everybody’s life whom you are related to, whom you connect with (known or strangers).
I read these lines in one of my favorite website’s post and totally loved it, ” So, take back your power from all the people, places, and situations where you’ve left it and bring it back home. Decide that your energy will be used for believing, not doubting, and for creating, and not destroying.”
I hope you and me can create a better us from today, from now, right from this moment and make this world a lovely happy place to live in.
Do let me know your thoughts about this post. Waiting to hear from you.
0 thoughts on “How To Be Better Than The Woman You Were Yesterday”
Lovely post dear! Have a great week! xx
Some days I think I am not changing all that much, then I look back to 10 years, 20 years and I don't recognize the girl that I was… I really have come a long way… It is shocking sometimes. We sometime fail to see those changes but I am learning to be much more grateful for all of them xox
Self love is vital! Great advice. SO useful in times like this. #inspired.
Love your post! Amazing analysis of life!
Please visit my Blog!
what an inspiring article! It is true that we often let others define us. We think we're not good enough because we're not like others or because we have pursued a different path…but only we can give our life its true value. Accepting responsibility for ourselves is so important. We need to stop blaming other and ourselves and learn to forgive and let go.